The SSGHS Library is a reference/research library, open to the public. (See our Contact page for location and hours.) Materials are for use in the library only and may not be taken from the room. Use of the library is free. As an all-volunteer organization, we welcome and encourage donations.
The Library is maintained by volunteers who can offer suggestions, but cannot do personal research for individuals.
Researchers and visitors are asked to comply with the following regulations:
- Sign in and out in the register book
- Leave briefcases, totes, and large purses outside the library. Only pencils (not pens), paper, notebooks permitted
- Staff members may request to inspect your materials as you leave.
- NEW, AS OF 2020: The SSGHS Library asks that you follow these COVID safety measures approved by the board:
- Do not come to the library if you are feeling ill
- A face mask must be worn over your nose and mouth while in the library
- There will be a limit of THREE (3) patrons in the library at one time
- Please call to schedule your visit to the library
- Door handles and tabletops will be disinfected at the beginning and the end of the day, and in between patrons
- We encourage you to bring your own laptop computer
- SSGHS is a FamilySearch Affiliate Library; you may have access to records at the library that you do not have when using FamilySearch from home.
- We have Wi-Fi capability at the Library; you may connect your laptop computer to the Internet from anywhere in the Library.
- There are two computers with Internet access
- We have a list of local restaurants where you may go for lunch or dinner.
- If you are an out-of-area SSGHS member who wishes to use the Library on a day or time with it is not scheduled to be open, contact the library (708-335-3340) and speak to the librarian. We can try to accommodate your needs.
- Check our Calendar of Events page for specific dates. It is a good idea to call ahead to ensure that the library is open.